Fake users

Ideas for the website
Komiro
Site Admin

Fake users

Post by Komiro » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 pm

The other day I noticed a new user signed up so I went to say hi only to discover it was a bot that had joined before the cache question was added. It got me thinking about making fake user accounts and adding posts to the website. I've decided against it in order to keep the truth of this website. I made this website to be free on the internet of websites after people. I do not want this website to collect data, although some is needed for phpbb, forums, and user accounts to work. I do not want this website to be expensive or to collect any kind of profit at all. I do not want anyone who works on this site to gain any kind of financial gain from it. It's meant to be a free to use, open place anyone can come toss thoughts around at. You shouldn't have to worry about everything you post online and you shouldn't have to worry about things getting taken down all the time. If it breaks one of the rules it'll be removed. The rules are defined and plain. The internet has come very far but it's only just now becoming truly worldwide. I believe more places are needed where the creators and operators of the website have no access and/or no ability to store, look at or use data created by its users. Just like with money or blood, it becomes a problem when too much data is collected in one spot for a long period of time.

--komiro